By Chris Barnes – Choice
Other features to look for
- Rain cover for wet weather.
- Storage is useful for carrying things like nappies, baby food, clothes and your handbag. Check size and weight limit – and how accessible it is.
- Adjustable height handles are handy for particularly short or tall people.
Pram safety checklist
- Look for certification to Safety Standard AS/NZS 2088, preferably the 2013 version which is the latest and safest version.
- Check for sharp or protruding parts or ones that could pose a choking risk, and gaps that could trap fingers or limbs.
- Is there a child-resistant mechanism for locking and unlocking the frame?
- Is the stroller stable enough not to tip easily?
If you travel a lot or are low on space and want to pack your stroller or pram away, some enterprising companies have invented stroller travel bags. They do a good job of keeping the pram neat and tidy, but they can be cumbersome and more trouble than they’re worth.
Find our range of accessories here!