By Chris Barnes – Choice

The terms “pram” and “stroller” tend to be used fairly loosely and can be used for the same product. “Stroller” often refers to a model with an upright seat while “pram” refers to one with a bassinet or flat sleeping surface, but these days most models allow both positions. Other terms you might find are:

  • Layback stroller: baby can sit up, or lay down for a sleep – good for newborns. Also called a pramette.
  • Jogger stroller: Three-wheeled strollers are sometimes referred to as jogger strollers or have “jogger” in their name, but not all are actually suitable for jogging and running. If you want to regularly jog with the stroller, consider getting a genuine jogging stroller specifically designed for that purpose; these usually have large, fixed wheels that roll easily for fast movement.
  • Double stroller: for multiple bubs (see our double stroller reviews and buying guide)
  • Convertible bike stroller: A combination of bike (actually tricycle) and stroller.

Find more about Three-wheelers vs four-wheelers here!

Find our accessories here!